Transitioning Your Heat Pump
As cooler fall temperatures approach, you will need to transition your heat pump from being a cooling source to supplying heat. It is time to schedule maintenance before temperatures drop and you need the heating system to function properly.
Here are Some Things You Can do at Home:
- Replace the air filter.
- Remove any growth from a two to three foot area around the outdoor section of your heat pump.
- Clean out the coils before cold weather makes this difficult.
- Check your thermostat settings and adjust for cold weather.
- Flush and clean the drain line. Remember to prime the trap, if necessary.
- If your unit uses electric heat, check all of the wiring for discoloration and heat damage.
Some Things to Leave to the Professionals:
- Have the refrigerant checked to ensure there is a safe level. Refrigerant levels need to remain consistent, even in the cold weather.
- Electrical connections will be inspected to check for exposed wiring or loose connections.
- Blower motor should be oiled. Blower wheels should be inspected for balance.
- A professional will check the energy efficiency of your unit. If any problems are present, they should be repaired before operating the heating system.
- Check and clean the evaporator coils.
Transitioning your heat pump to heat for fall and winter by performing the necessary maintenance tasks will minimize the risk of a breakdown, improve indoor air quality, and extend the life of your system components.
If you would like to schedule maintenance or service, contact the professionals at SunDollar A/C & Heat at 469-275-9048 or request service online. We provide service to Frisco, McKinney, Plano, and thesurrounding Texas communities.
Need HVAC Service?
Call us today at
or contact us online.
SunDollar A/C & Heat services Allen, Carrollton, Celina, Coppell, Frisco, Highland Village, Lewisville, Little Elm, McKinney, Plano, Prosper, Richardson, Savannah, The Colony and the surrounding communities with their heating and cooling needs. Visit our service area page for more coverage details, call us at 469-777-0247, or request service online today.